Saturday, at Lakeside Park, teams from throughout the region will be bellying up to the start line for the 2012 Cancer Relay for Life, Nelson edition.
Well, maybe we're overdoing it on the "bellying" for position.
The event begins at 10 a.m. from Lakeside Park.
Teams will walk, run, ride or sprint, if they have the stamina to do so, for 12 hours to raise money for for cancer research.
Funds raised at Relay allow the Canadian Cancer Society to:
• Fight all cancers by investing in the best cancer research
• Influence change through our advocacy efforts to create healthier environments and help individuals reduce their risk of cancer
• Empower Canadians with reliable, up-to-date information
• Speak up on issues that affect Canadians with cancer
• Provide a range of support programs to people living with cancer, including family members and caregiver