Kaslo Hospital closes early Friday (March 6)
Interior Health is advising Kaslo and area residents the Victorian Community Health Centre Emergency Department will close at 12:30 p.m. on Friday, March 6 due to doctor availability.
IH said this is a “one-time thing” due to the physician being unable to be there Friday afternoon and does not anticipate ongoing issues with coverage moving forward.
In June of 2014 IH announced the signing of two full-time physicians full-time physicians to the community.
The announcement ended a marathon look for permanent doctors to staff the Emergency Room at Victorian Hospital.
Kaslo and area residents should take note of the following if they require care when the emergency department is closed:
- In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
- Visit the emergency department at Kootenay Lake Hospital in Nelson.
- For non-urgent needs, visit a walk-in clinic in Nelson.
- Note the weekend and holiday hours of your local pharmacy/drug store, and ensure your prescriptions are up to date.
- Call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 (24 hour service), if you are unsure about your need to go to the emergency department.