Arts, culture and heritage grant writing workshops applications now being accepted
To assist those interested in applying for Arts, Culture and Heritage Program grants from Columbia Basin Trust (CBT), Krista Patterson and Natasha Smith of the Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance (CKCA) will present workshops on how to apply and what to expect from the application process.
CBT’s Arts, Culture and Heritage grants are managed and administered by CKCA.
Individuals of all artistic disciplines as well as arts, culture and heritage organizations residing in the Columbia Basin are invited to attend the workshops.
CBT proudly supports initiatives and projects that highlight Basin culture and heritage, and for 2012/13, funding has increased by $55,000, to $706,000.
Workshops are FREE. Registration is not required. Locations, dates and times are as follows:
- Silverton: Saturday, February 11, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. hosted by the Slocan Lake Gallery Society Location: Silverton Gallery, 408 – 4th Street
- Trail: Saturday, February 18, 10 a.m. – 12 noon hosted by the Trail & District Arts Council. Location: Greater Trail Community Ctr., Room 208, 1501 Cedar Avenue
- Fernie: Saturday, February 18, 9 – 11 a.m. hosted by the Fernie & District Arts Council. Location: The Arts Station, 601 – 1st Avenue
- Kimberley: Saturday, February 18, 3 – 5 p.m. hosted by the Kimberley Arts Council. Location: Centre 64, 64 Deer Park Avenue
- Creston: Sunday, February 19, 1 – 3 p.m. hosted by the Community Arts Council of Creston. Location: Creston Community Complex, Rotocrest Upper Level, 230 – 19th Ave. North
- Revelstoke: Saturday, February 25, 10 a.m. – 12 noon hosted by the Revelstoke Arts Council. Location: Okanagan College, Room 102, 1401 – 1st Street West
More information, funding policies and program application forms are available online at www.basinculture.com, from local community arts councils, or by phoning CKCA at 1-250-505-5505 or toll free at 1-877-505-7355.