BC Culture Days announces a kaleidoscope of free engaging activities and events happening in Nelson and Castlegar from September 27–29, 2019.
This vibrant weekend of artistic expression will explore the intersection of creativity, the arts, and well-being. Featuring painting, theatre, experimental performance art, literature, design, cinema, and beyond, BC Culture Days is a thrilling family-friendly weekend that builds community, encourages exploration and discovery, and celebrates creativity in all its forms.
“Creative expression is vital for the health and wellness of a community,” says BC Culture Days Manager Nazanin Shoja.
“We are proud to shine a light on the essential role arts and culture plays across the province to boost community engagement, foster deeper social connections, and build an understanding and appreciation for the collective artistic experience. With hundreds of engaging and exciting community events taking place across British Columbia, I have no doubt there will be an event that will cater to every taste and interest, while encouraging exploration into new artistic ventures!”
In celebration of its 10th anniversary, BC Culture Days has selected 10 emerging artists from across the province to act as cultural ambassadors in their respective communities, encouraging participation and presenting innovative activities across a broad spectrum of disciplines — including painting, animation, carving, poetry, theatre, and dance — as part of the weekend festivities. The artists’ biographies are available at: culturedays.ca/bc/ambassadors.
- French Corner #1 | September 27, 10-11:30am | Kootenay Coop Radio, 308 A Hall Street
- Heritage Church Celebrates Nelson’s Culture Days | September 27 & 28, 12-4pm | 701 Ward Street at Silica Street
- Local author trivia quiz | September 27 & 28, 10am-6pm | Nelson Public Library, 602 Stanley Street
- French Corner #2 | September 27, 12:30-2:30pm | Boulangerie Au solei Levant, 218 Herridge Lane
- French Corner #3 | September 27, 4-6pm | Le Grand Fromage / Lilie & Cohoe, 320 Vernon Street #1
- Touchstones Museum behind the scenes tour with the Interim Executive Director | September 28, 2-3:30pm | Touchstones Nelson Museum of Art and History, 502 Vernon Street
- Discover Circus, Open House | September 29, 1-4pm | Discover Circus, #303/330 Baker Street