Hall Street Pier canopy starting to take shape
As the calendar prepares to flip into December, the City of Nelson said that work on the Hall Street Pier project continues with crews taking advantage of the recent week of sunny skies.
This past week work crews have been focusing on the project’s canopy structure, and its unique shape.
Work being completed currently:
- North Mountain installed temporary deck protection and prepared site for steel erection.
- MarTech Motor Winding to fabricate and erect canopy steel structure. Steel to be shipped for galvanizing. Steel erection starting tentatively on November 8th.
- Works by City of Nelson, Tru Mechanical and DHC Communications on the Ladybird display. building to install security controls, controls and balance the enclosure systems.
- MarTech Motor Winding erecting canopy steel.
- MarTech Electric installing Ladybird ceiling LED fixtures.
- MarTech Electric hooked up and tested pier handrail lighting.
- North Mountain preparing for canopy wood cladding installation – arranging material orders.
- North Mountain installing steel transition ramps to floating dock gangway ramps.