Today’s Poll

Nelson Fire & Rescue Services responds to kitchen fire at Nelson Cares

The Nelson Daily Staff
By The Nelson Daily Staff
July 16th, 2021

Nelson Fire & Rescue Services said crews responded to a report of an alarm activated at 205 Hall Street Nelson Cares new office and housing building Thursday at 7:52 p.m.

It appears a fire started in a third-floor apartment.

“In a third-floor apartment, crews found an oil-based stove-top fire had extended into the hood system and had activated a single sprinkler head,” said Nelson Fire & Rescue Services, adding that when firefighters arrived the building occupants had been successfully evacuated.

“The sprinkler system was able to control the fire and once it was determined the fire was completely extinguished, with no extension to the other units, fire crews and Nelson Cares staff worked to minimize water damage throughout the building,” Nelson Fire & Rescue Services added.

Nelson Fire & Rescue Services said four firefighters responded to the scene with two fire engines, and one command vehicle. 

“One occupant was treated on scene for minor burns by EHS. Damage estimate is unknown at this time,” Nelson Fire & Rescue Services said.

Nelson Fire & Rescue Services would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to never leave their cooking unattended.

Categories: General

Other News Stories