Today’s Poll

Nelson Fire Department respond to dumpster fire near Anderson Street

Nelson Daily Staff
By Nelson Daily Staff
March 18th, 2014

Quick response by Nelson Fire Department Tuesday morning contained a dumpster bin fire from spreading to any houses in the Lower Fairview district of Nelson.

Nelson Fire dispatch received a call at 8:33 a.m. of a dumpster on fire near 302 Anderson Street. 

Two on duty members, along with the Assistant Chief, responded to the call with one fire engine and one utility vehicle.

When firefighters arrived at the scene they saw smoke coming from a recycling dumpster. 

The fire was quickly knocked down as such to preserve any evidence for an investigation.

No injuries were reported as a result of this incident.  The cause of the fire appears to be careless disposal of cigarette butts.

Nelson Fire Rescue would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to please take care in extinguishing your smoking material.

The use of garbage cans, dumpsters, plant potters, and bark mulch to extinguish your smoking material has a high likelihood of causing a fire.


Categories: General

Other News Stories