Today’s Poll

Dryer fire quickly extinguished by Nelson Fire Department

Nelson Daily Staff
By Nelson Daily Staff
January 25th, 2012

Quick action by a Nelson Fire Department member resulted in a dryer fire being extinguished at the Nelson Coin Laundry and Carwash in Fairview Tuesday afternoon.

At approximately 3:30 p.m., NFD received a call of a fire in one o the dryers at the coin laundry part of the locally owned business.

An attendant noticed the smell of smoke and called a Nelson Firefighter who just happened to be on the site working off-duty on one of the doors at the car wash.

The Nelson Fire Department was called and one engine quickly responded as well as members of the Nelson Police Department.

Smoldering clothes were removed from the dryer and tossed on the snow in the parking lot adjacent Davie Street.

Nelson Firefighters, after checking the dryer ducts, confirmed fire had been extinguished.

Categories: General

Other News Stories