The BC Ministry of Health released the updated COVID-19 numbers following the BC Day Longweekend.
As of Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2021, 81.4% (3,773,442) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 67.3% (3,121,311) received their second dose.
In addition, 82.3% (3,560,982) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 69.7% (3,013,074) received their second dose.
Over a four-day period, B.C. is reporting 742 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 150,631 cases in the province:
- July 30-31: 160 new cases
- July 31-Aug. 1: 196 new cases
- Aug. 1-2: 185 new cases
- Aug. 2-3: 201 new cases
There are 1,544 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 147,285 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 53 individuals are in hospital and 19 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 165 new cases in Fraser Health — Total active cases: 348
- 115 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health — Total active cases: 212
- 395 new cases in Interior Health — Total active cases: 847
- 24 new cases in Northern Health — Total active cases: 43
- 42 new cases in Island Health — Total active cases: 85
- one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada — Total active cases: nine
During the past 96 hours, one new death (Vancouver Coastal Health) has been reported, for an overall total of 1,772.
There are two active outbreaks in:
- long-term care: Holyrood Manor (Fraser Health) and Nelson Jubilee Manor (Interior Health)
- acute care: none
- assisted or independent living: none
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 6,902,320 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.