Canada's stand-out amongst ‘stand-ups', award-winning comedian Ron James is making two stops in the West Kootenay as part of a tour of BC in June.
James, who has been selling out theatres for over 20 years with his marathon, side-splitting performances, will perform in Trail on June 11 at the Charles Bailey Theatre and in Nelson on June 12 at the Capitol Theatre.
Marshalling a comedian's eye for satire and a writer's ear for language, Ron takes his audience on a breath-taking, non-stop roller coaster ride, cutting a wide swath through contemporary culture with a razor-sharp wit, uncompromising standard and unique, poetically honed delivery.
- "Utterly Brilliant" - Ottawa Sun; "a man of a million words and a million laughs ... genius" - Globe & Mail
- "a unique brand of funny all his own" - Winnipeg Free Press
- "fits of helpless laughter" - Halifax Chronicle Herald
- "hysterically funny ... at the top of his game" - Toronto Star
- "gut-busting, knee-slapping funny" - Ottawa Citizen
- "funniest man in Canada" - Victoria Times-Colonist
- "a wheezing, snorting, chortling, gasping night of hilarity" - Edmonton Sun
- "fast, funny and smart" - Montreal Gazette
- "simply the best" - Toronto Sun
- "thunderous standing ovation" - Saskatoon Star Phoenix
Along with five seasons starring in his own series, "The Ron James Show", his record breaking nine critically acclaimed one-hour comedy specials fast became a New Year's Eve viewing tradition for millions of Canadians.
Not to be sidelined by the pandemic, he capitalized on lockdown after lockdown and wrote his first book, ‘All Over the Map: Rambles and Ruminations from the Canadian Road', released by publishing giant Penguin-Random House, September 28th.
With the light looking brighter every day at the end of the tunnel, Canada's #1 road warrior is back where he belongs: live onstage delivering laughs face to face to audiences sitting shoulder to shoulder, coast to coast clear cross the Big Wide Open!
Reserved seating tickets for Ron James can be purchased:
Showtime is 7:30 p.m.