As Nelson & District Credit Union (NDCU) prepares for its 70th Annual General Meeting, planned as a virtual online event, the Credit Union released financial results for 2020.
The past year’s high points were growth in assets, members’ deposits and comprehensive income, while also distributing close to $110,000 to community organizations within its service area.
- Assets increased by over 17 per cent to $281 million
- Members’ deposits increased by 18 per cent to $261 million
- Community Investment since 2000 exceeds $3.76 million
Why are these highlights significant?
- Investing in our Credit Union promotes vitality: every dollar that remains in our community has a multiplier effect.
- When members borrow and invest with us, we can continue to actively help the local economy by cycling money back into the community through mortgages, loans and community giving.
- Our pledge, “Embrace Local” ensures a vibrant and resilient community-based financial institution is part of the fabric of each community we serve.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, we want to assure you that the health and safety of our members and employees is a top priority so that we can continue to serve you. The decision has been made to host the 70th Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 7 p.m., utilizing the online meeting service, Zoom.
More details on our virtual AGM are available at www.nelsoncu.com/AGM. An RSVP is required from any member wishing to participate.
Please email AGM@nelsoncu.com by Friday, April 23, 2021 to register.
The Credit Union will host its virtual Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 7 pm using a virtual AGM platform. Members are encouraged to attend as the AGM is a chance to ask questions and hear about their Credit Union’s activities and accomplishments from the past year.
About Nelson & District Credit Union
Nelson & District Credit Union was established in 1950 and has grown close to over $281 million in assets and serves members throughout the Kootenay area. NDCU is a community based financial co-operative that offers a full range of banking, financial planning (NDCU MoneyWorks) and general insurance (KIS Ltd) services. Our three community branches are located in Nelson, Rossland and the East Shore. Please visit us online at www.nelsoncu.com.