In a letter to Big White Mountain posted on the company website, Interior Health said it is advising anyone who attended a congregate event at Big White Ski Resort on March 29 that they have put themselves at risk of contracting COVID-19 and should monitor themselves closely for symptoms of COVID-19.
"Interior Health is advising anyone who attended a congregate event at Big White Ski Resort on March 29 that they have put themselves at risk of contracting COVID-19," ,” Dr. Silvina Mema, Interior Health Medical Health Officer said in a letter to Big White Ski Resort on Friday, April 2.
"COVID-19 activity is increasing across the interior, including Big White. As such, we are asking anyone who was at this recent event to monitor themselves closely for symptoms of COVID-19."
Monday night, after the BC provincial health officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, amended the provincial public health orders adding more restrictions, owners of a restaurant at Big White Mountain hosted a rowdy party, which included a large gathering of young people.
Video of the party showed dancing on top of tables and hugging and a lack of social distancing after restrictions were announced that shutdown indoor dining at restaurants and pubs at midnight.
Interior Health said individuals who have symptoms should arrange to get a COVID-19 test immediately.
“It is important to stress that COVID-19 testing is confidential,” Dr. Mema, said.
“Interior Health’s only priority is to ensure that we identify any new cases and prevent further spread.”
Symptoms of COVID-19 include the following:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Other milder symptoms may include: sore throat, loss of appetite, fatigue, body aches (muscles and joints aching), diarrhea, headache, and nausea or vomiting.
Booking a COVID-19 test:
- Online: You can book an appointment online through the COVID-19 Test Booking Form: https://interiorhealthcovid.secureform.ca/index.php
- By phone: Call the COVID-19 Test Booking Line at 1-877-740-7747 for assistance with booking your test.