The WK Regional Arts Council is offering two workshops with a focus on arts and heritage organizations, presented by Martha Rans, Lawyer.
Legal Bootcamp for Non-Profitsis a one day program designed for senior leadership and Board members in the non-profit and charitable sector. The course provides foundational knowledge and capacity to identify, plan for and respond to legal issues that can arise in the managing of an arts and heritage non-profit and will include: governance & accountability, privacy, employment & human rights and changes to the Societies Act in BC.
Participants will have an opportunity to explore real-life situations, identify the distinctions between legal and non-legal problems, gain knowledge about how lawyers and the legal system address such issues, discuss relevant legislation governing non-profit and charitable organizations and strategies for risk management.
- Time & Date: September 14, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Location: Nelson Chamber of Commerce,91 Baker St., Nelson, BC.
- Cost: $15.00 for WKRAC members,$25.00 for non-members.
- Travel Subsidies: Limited travel subsidies (partial, towards mileage) are available toWK arts and heritage organizations who are locatedfurther than 80 km.
The new BC Societies Act includes changes to record keeping / access to records. Record Keeping & Privacy for Non-Profits is a two hour session (offered prior to the WKRAC AGM) highlighting the changes to organizational record keeping & access to records for non-profits. How do you remain compliant with the Societies Act while still ensuring you are compliant with the Personal Information Protection Act?
Are you aware that members of your Society now have a right to access the Official records of the Society?
- Date & Time: September 15, 10 a.m. – 12 noon.
- Location: Hume Hotel – Emporium Room, Nelson, BC.
- Cost: This workshop is free of charge for WKRAC members, $10 for non-members.
These workshops are provided with the generous support of The Province of British Columbia. To attend, pre-registration is required as space is limited. For further information or to register, visit: www.wkartscouncil.comand click on “workshops”.