Castlegar & District Public Library
Casual on Call Librarian
June 18, 2019
The Castlegar & District Public Library has an opening for a casual on-call Librarian position.
Reporting to the Library Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of circulation of materials to users, including overseeing volunteers, providing reference and readers’ advisory service, collection repair and maintenance, overdue processing, preparing items for shipment, and interlibrary loans. Casual librarians are offered shifts based on operational needs in accordance with seniority.
- Completion of a Library and Information Technology Diploma
- Communication skills sufficient to understand both written and verbal directions
- Experience working in a busy library environment
- Ability to assist patrons with readers advisory
- Experience using integrated library systems preferably SITKA
- Must have excellent computer skills and ability to assist others with the use of technology
- Evidence of effective customer service, organizational, interpersonal, communication, judgment and decision-making skills
- Flexible, self-directed and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
Salary & Benefits
26.57 per hour plus 13% in lieu of benefits as per CUPE contract for a “Casual Librarian.” Evening and weekend work required.
Closing Date: Tuesday June 25th, 2019
Please submit resume with cover letter: