City of Nelson salutes Long Service Award winners
The City of Nelson honoured some employees during the annual City Reception Monday at the Prestige Inn Lakeside Resort.
Pictured in the submitted photo, Nelson Mayor John Dooley (second from right) and City Manager Kevin Cormack (far right) are pictured with the worthy recipients, from left Nelson Fire Chief Simon Grypma (35 years in the Fire Department), Bill Reisterer (25 years, Public Works), Ron Van Zanden (25 years, Public Works), Bernie Zimmer (25 years, Building inspector) and (front, middle) Library’s Teen and Literacy Service Co-Coordinator (20 years).
As well, Mayor Dooley highlighted Council’s Priorities for 2013, which include:
- • on-going infrastructure maintenance and improvement
- • the success and vision of the publicly-consulted Downtown Waterfront Plan
- • the City’s commitment to sustainability on all fronts
- • benefits of shared services with the provincial government and the Regional District of Central Kootenay
- • the aim for continued innovation in changing and challenging times