Today’s Poll

Kelowna man dies after coming into contact with high voltage electricity

By Contributor
May 2nd, 2012

A 35-year-old Kelowna man died Monday (April 30) in the intensive care unit of Vancouver General Hospital after coming into contact with high voltage electricity.

On April 26th, 2012 at 1:55pm, emergency crews were called to the scene of an electrocution in the Luxmoore Park area just off June Springs Road in East Kelowna.

The deceased and a 44-year-old Kelowna man were bicycling through the area when the younger man apparently touched a live ground wire.

The man suffered severe electrical burns from the resultant high voltage shock and was rushed to hospital.

The 44 year old Kelowna man was initially detained by police for an investigation of theft of copper but he has since been released without charges.

The investigation has revealed that several of the ground wires in the area showed signs of recent tampering. Police and Fortis BC continue to investigate.


Categories: Uncategorized

Other News Stories