B.C. small businesses have innovative ideas on how to conserve energy, but many do not have the time or money to make their ideas happen.
The $550,000 LiveSmart Champion Program can help small business make their energy-efficient ideas a reality.
Small business can submit their energy saving ideas to the Ministry of Energy and Mines starting June 14, 2011. Applications will be evaluated on project feasibility, energy and cost savings, innovation, and their benefit and value to other companies and the community.
To become a LiveSmart Champion, small businesses must spend less than $50,000 per year on electricity and meet program eligibility requirements.
Applications must be submitted by Monday, Aug. 15, 2011 at 4 p.m. to be considered. Successful applicants will be eligible to receive up to $25,000.
This call for applications for LiveSmart Champion funding will award $275,000 in funding for energy-efficiency projects. A second call for applications will be released later this year.
Successful champions will share their projects with their local community and businesses, so others can learn from their experience and leadership.
- The LiveSmart Champion is a component of the LiveSmart BC: Small Business Program launched in January 2011.
- This $15-million, three-year program assists business owners in saving money by reducing their energy consumption with free energy-efficiency advice, equipment and incentives.
- This round of LiveSmart Champion funding will award a total of $125,000 to restaurant and food service small businesses with a maximum of $25,000 awarded to any one business.
- For all other small businesses, a total of $150,000 will be awarded with a maximum of $25,000 awarded to any one proponent.
- For more information on the LiveSmart BC: Small Business Program, visit: http://www.livesmartbc.ca/green_business/index.html
- For more information on eligibility and to submit an application for the LiveSmart Champion program, visit: https://livesmartbc.qa.gov.bc.ca/green_business/program_components.html
- To register your interest in responding to the Call for Applications and receive further communication on this program, please email Will Yeh: firstname.lastname@example.org – and use this subject line: “LSSB Champion Call for Applications- Confirmation of Interest”