Residents in the West Kootenay will now find it even easier to access government services with the official opening of a brand-new FrontCounter BC office in Castlegar.
FrontCounter BC is a single-window service for clients of the natural resource sector. FrontCounter BC was created in 2005 with eight locations, a dedicated call centre and online applications.
Thursday’s opening in Castlegar marks the start of a major expansion of the program to more communities across British Columbia.
“This is a milestone for Castlegar,” said Mayor Lawrence Chernoff. “Our residents no longer have to make a trip to Kamloops or Cranbrook to get professional help with their natural resource applications. Plus, it makes Castlegar a hub for business.”
• FrontCounter BC offers more than 130 natural resource-related permits and authorizations at each location.
• FrontCounter BC provides services on behalf of 16 additional partner agencies.
• Since Jan. 1, 2005, over 38,000 authorizations have been processed.
• The FrontCounter BC call centre handles more than 21,400 inquiries annually.
• In 2010 FrontCounter BC ranked third nationally in client satisfaction for all government services.
• Watch a short video on FrontCounter BC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjFrUY7zbQU
• Find a FrontCounter near you: http://www.frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca/contact/locations.html
• FrontCounter BC: http://www.frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca/
• Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations: http://www.gov.bc.ca/for/index.html