The Province of BC has approved the new Master Development Agreement for Kicking Horse Mountain Resort.
Following on January, 2010 approval of the Master Plan, this approval of the Master Development Agreement is the final step in the provincial approval process.
The 40-year plan includes expanded accommodation and commercial development, 20,000 bed units, an 18-hole golf course, a multi-use trail system with 11 proposed lifts and 1,695 hectares (4,188 acres) of skiable terrain.
• The expansion is 413 hectares, making the total footprint of the resort 2,109 hectares.
• When completed, there will be 20,000 new bed units at the resort.
• Since its inception in December 2000, Kicking Horse has invested over $100 million in the resort, stimulating an additional $100 million of investment in the local economy.
• At full build-out, the resort estimates total capital investment will be over $5 billion.
• In referendum, the town of Golden voted 94 per cent in favour of the initial resort development.
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
The Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is one of B.C.’s premier, mountain resorts, and one of the first new resort projects in Canada in the past 25 years.
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is a key driver of economic development in the region, supporting a total of 320 full- and part-time jobs in the region and providing millions in direct spending to the local economy.
For more see www.kickinghorseresort.com.
• Kicking Horse Mountain Resort Master Plan: http://www.tti.gov.bc.ca/resort_development/docs/approved_plans/KHMR/KHMR-MasterPlan-March2009.pdf
• Resort Development in British Columbia: http://www.tti.gov.bc.ca/resort_development/
• Ministry of Natural Resource Operations: www.nro.gov.bc.ca
• Tourism BC: www.hellobc.com