As of Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021, 88.8% (4,117,400) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.6% (3,830,063) received their second dose.
In addition, 89.3% (3,862,332) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 83.3% (3,604,199) received their second dose.
Over a four-day period, B.C. is reporting 2,090 new cases of COVID-19, including four epi-linked cases, for a total of 194,581 cases in the province:
- Oct. 8-9: 603 new cases
- Oct. 9-10: 634 new cases
- Oct. 10-11: 468 new cases
- Oct. 11-12: 385 new cases
There are 5,183 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 186,955 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 357 individuals are in hospital and 153 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
- 814 new cases in Fraser Health — Total active cases: 2,182
- 229 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health — Total active cases: 647
- 404 new cases in Interior Health — Total active cases: 841
- 351 new cases in Northern Health — Total active cases: 833
- 292 new cases in Island Health — Total active cases: 622
- No new cases of people who reside outside of Canada — Total active cases: 58
In the past 96 hours, 28 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,029.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: five
- Vancouver Coastal Health: three
- Interior Health: eight
- Northern Health: seven
- Island Health: five
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at West Shore Laylum and Evergreen Manor (Fraser Health), for a total of 19 active outbreaks, including:
- Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, The Residence in Mission, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum (Fraser Health);
- Cottonwoods Care Centre, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre (Interior Health); and
- Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
- Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health); and
- University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health).
Assisted or independent living:
- Sunset Manor, Evergreen Manor (Fraser Health); and
- Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
The workplace and communal-living outbreak at Fort St. John - Site C (Northern Health) has been declared over.
From Oct. 4-10, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 68.1% of cases and from Sept. 27-Oct. 10, they accounted for 73.7% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 4-10) - Total 4,341
- Not vaccinated: 2,649 (61.0%)
- Partially vaccinated: 310 (7.1%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,382 (31.8%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 27-Oct. 10) - Total 383
- Not vaccinated: 253 (66.1%)
- Partially vaccinated: 29 (7.6%)
- Fully vaccinated: 101 (26.4%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 4-10)
- Not vaccinated: 281.3
- Partially vaccinated: 84.4
- Fully vaccinated: 33.1
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 27-Oct. 10)
- Not vaccinated: 40.3
- Partially vaccinated: 12.3
- Fully vaccinated: 2.3
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,978,015 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
Update for visitors to long-term care, assisted-living and acute-care facilities:
Starting Oct. 12, all visitors to long-term care and assisted-living facilities will need to show proof they have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
Starting Oct. 26, all visitors to long-term care, assisted-living and acute-care facilities will need to show proof they are fully vaccinated with two doses of COVID-19 vaccine. Those who are not vaccinated will not be able to visit in these high-risk settings (excluding children 12 or under or those with an approved medical exemption).