The Walk to End ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) is going virtual due to the COVID-19 pandemic, so there will be no in-person events in 2020.
All virtual events in support of the Walk to End ALS will take place on Saturday, June 20, 2020—the day before Global ALS Awareness Day.
The public can show support by joining your virtual community at www.walktoendals.ca/british-columbia and collecting online donations with their personal fundraising page.
On the day of the Virtual Walk, choose a time that works for you, and take a walk in your neighborhood.
Share a photo or video from your Walk, and post it on your fundraising page or share it on social media.
Feel free to get creative with activities aside from walking.
How to share your Walk online:
1. On social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) post a video or photo of you walking. Be sure to tag us on Facebook @ALSBC and use the hashtags #WalktoEndALS #ALSDoesntStop #CommunityIsntCancelled
2. On the Walk website, click on the location you've registered for.
- Click "Login" at the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Log in to your account with the username and password you set up during registration.
- Click on "Participant Center"
- Scroll down to the "Personal Page" box
- Beside "Photos/Video", click on "Update Media"
- Select either a Photo or Video to upload. (Note: Videos must be uploaded using a YouTube URL)
For more information go to the ALS website link.
Photo Caption: The Walk to End ALS generally flows in Nelson through Lakeside Park. However, this year the Walk is going virtual. — Screenshot photo