This October 2019 TB Vets Charitable Foundation is proud to announce, through the generosity of our donors, $793,793.00 worth of respiratory equipment was donated to 28 different Hospital, University and Search and Rescue Foundations all over our province including right here in Nelson with support of the Kootenay Lake Hospital Foundation.
“We are truly grateful for the continued support of TB Vets Charitable Foundation for patients in the Kootenay/Boundary area," said Jennifer Kirk Kootenay/Boundary Regional Hospital & Healthcare Foundation.
"Thank you again for partnering with us to make regional Healthcare improvements.”
For over 75 years, TB Vets Charitable Foundation has given hope to individuals and families in their hour of great need. TB Vets Charitable Foundation serves all of British Columbians suffering from respiratory emergencies – from urban centers in Vancouver to rural and remote communities in Northern BC.
Other notes about TB Vets Charitable Foundation:
- TB Vets Charitable Foundation’s mission proves to be more relevant than ever. With the loyal support of donors, TB Vets continues to arm BC’s frontline medical heroes with respiratory equipment, research and education.
- TB Vets Charitable Foundation was the fist Key Tag program in British Columbia and since 1945 over 550,000 lost keys were found and returned.
- TB Vets Charitable Foundation is one of the only charitable organizations providing life-saving respiratory equipment to BC Hospitals and have been doing this for over 75 years.
2019 Respiratory Grant Award Recipients
- BC Women’s Health Foundation
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Bulkley Valley Health Care & Hospital Foundation
- Burnaby Hospital Foundation
- Canuck Place Children’s Hospice
- Delta Hospital and community Health Foundation
- Fraser Valley Health Care Foundation
- Kelowna General Hospital Foundation
- Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital & Health Foundation
- Kootenay Lake Hospital Foundation
- Lions Bay Search and Rescue Society
- Lions Gate Hospital Foundation
- Nanaimo & District Hospital Foundation
- Peace Arch Hospital Foundation
- Queen’s Park Healthcare Foundation
- Ridge Meadows Hospital Foundation
- Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation
- Royal Inlands Hospital Foundation
- South Cariboo Heath Foundation
- Spirit of the North Healthcare Foundation
- Squamish Hospital Foundation
- Surrey Hospital Foundation
- Thompson Rivers University Foundation
- University of British Columbia
- Vernon Jubilee Hospital Foundation
- VGH/UBC Hospital Foundation
- Victoria Hospitals Foundation
Photo Caption: June Spearman, Chair of the Kootenay Lake Hospital Foundation, accepts a cheque of $40,000.00 towards a Hamilton T-1 Transport Ventilator from Bob Underhill and Sheila Hamilton Board Members of TB Vets.One Ventilator saves approximately 5 lives a day in a busy ER and lasts for about 10 years. This gift will greatly impact the residents of Nelson. — Submitted photo