Beginning Monday, September 14, local residents enrolled in MyHealthPortal will be able to book Kootenay Lake Hospital Outpatient Laboratory appointments online.
Launched in June 2016, MyHealthPortal provides users with convenient and secure access to their personal health information including Interior Health lab results, medical imaging reports (such as X-ray, CT or ultrasound), visit history, clinical reports, discharge summaries, and certain appointment details and instructions.
MyHealthPortal is now expanding to include booking for outpatient lab appointments at select lab locations.
Booking appointments online enhances patient safety and convenience by supporting physical distancing measures, minimizing wait times, and allowing patients to book their appointments from the comfort of their home.
Patients must be registered users of MyHealthPortal to book a lab appointment:
Visit www.interiorhealth.ca/myhealthportal to learn how to enrol.
- If you have not added your email address to your electronic medical record, or if you are not sure, contact MyHealthPortal support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free (Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST) at 1-844-870-4756.
- For Apple and Android users: once you have registered for MyHealthPortal, you may download the Meditech MHealth (MyHealthPortal) app through the App Store or Google Play. If you are on an unsupported device you cannot download the app, but you can access MyHealthPortal using the regular mobile site.
How to book an appointment:
- Once on MyHealthPortal, you can click on the “Appointments” tab and then click on the “Schedule an Appointment” button. You can then select the appointment type (e.g., blood test). The dropdown menu only includes select locations accepting online appointments.
- Patients not registered for MyHealthPortal may still access a limited number of walk-in appointments Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Telephone appointments, which have been trialed in response to COVID-19 concerns, will be phased out after implementation of the online booking system.
Please note that many IH sites and services have changed their operating hours in response to COVID-19. For an up-to-date list of IH laboratory hours, see IH temporary outpatient lab hours list on the IH COVID-19 website.
Lab sites in other IH communities will be added to MyHealthPortal for appointment booking in the coming months as part of a regional roll-out.
More than 100,000 patients have already enrolled in MyHealthPortal with overwhelmingly positive feedback.
In a customer experience survey, more than 90 per cent of respondents reported a positive experience with enrolment and use of the portal.
The majority of MyHealthPortal users reported improved self-management and increased knowledge about their health.