Like many other special events held in the Heritage City, due to COVID-19, the annual Terry Fox Run has been forced to move from Lakeside Park and the City Waterfront to a Virtual Run.
The Terry Fox Foundation recently announced celebrating its 40th anniversary, and the public working together to raise funds for cancer research, will be done through Virtual Runs across Canada on Sunday, September 20th.
As Terry once said, “Anything is possible if you try.”
Pat Gibson, Nelson Terry Fox Coordinator, reminds Nelsonites to register and donate at the Terry Fox website to help keep the legacy alive.
- When: Sunday September 20
- What: A virtual Terry Fox Run: One Day. Your Way. We will unite in spirit, not in person!
- Where: Wherever you are! Around your neighbourhood, backyard, down the street or around the block. Walk, Ride, Run!
- How: Register as an individual, family or a virtual team – start your fundraising effort!
- Why: Because cancer research cannot wait for COVID-19 to be over. Because Terry asked us to try. Because it’s the 40th anniversary of Terry’s Marathon of Hope!