The best way to say goodbye to 2020 is with a scream... as you plunge into the nearest body of refreshing Kootenay water.
Kootenay Co-op Radio is keeping the annual Polar Plunge alive – and adapted for these unusual times. No group events... not a fixed date or time... and any location that’s outdoors, safe and wet.
We know a number of brave Kootenay households remain determined to take the plunge this year. KCR is here to showcase, celebrate and reward your spirit.
- Register your plunge on www.nelsonpolarbear.com
- Ask friends and family to pledge for your dip on www.nelsonpolarbear.com
- Choose any body of water that’s safe and free from group gatherings
- Organize your household to cheer you up and take pictures (keeping in mind 100% of provincial health precautions)
- Take the plunge and have fun any day between December 18, 2020 and January 5, 2021
- Send your epic splash (photo and/or video)to polarbear@kootenaycoopradio or/and share on Social Media with #nelsonpolarbear
- Check back at www.nelsonpolarbear.com on Friday, January 8 to see if you’ve won great prizes.
Once again, this event is a fundraiser for Kootenay Co-op Radio and Friends of Kootenay Lake Stewardship Society. Both non-profits are in need of public support as typical fundraising efforts have been severely disrupted in 2020. We need your help to keep our waters – and the airwaves – healthy.
Prizes Awarded for:
- Most Dollars Raised: a portable sauna delivered to your place (for 24 hours) by Backwoods Sauna; two day passes for Whitewater Ski Resort; and five day passes for Nordic Ski Club.
- Random Draw from All Participants: one ski tune-up by Gericks; two times $50 bike tune-ups by Secret Service Cycles; $25 certificate from Cake Betty Cafe and Cakery; $25 certificate from Frog Peak Cafe; and a $25 certificate from Dominion Cafe.
- Best Costume: $50 certificate from The Tickle Trunk Shop.
For further information, contact: https://www.nelsonpolarbear.com/